- Published: Friday, March 24, 2017 10:36 AM
VILLA PARK- There are many state and local resources available to help DuPage County seniors enjoy independent lives.
State Senator Tom Cullerton (D-Villa Park) is working to host a one-stop shop for seniors to learn about new resources available.
The Glendale Heights Center for Senior Citizens and Cullerton are hoping area residents will take advantage of this free Senior Fair on Wednesday, April 12 from noon to 2:30 p.m. at the Glendale Heights Sports Hub (250 Civic Center Plaza, Glendale Heights, IL).
“The goal of this annual senior fair is to bring as many local and state organizations and agencies together for a few hours to let area residents stop by and learn about new and existing programs,” Cullerton said.
This will be the fifth year Cullerton and the Glendale Heights Center for Senior Citizens have partnered to host this community event.
There are currently over 40 organizations and agencies registered to participate in the event including:
• Illinois State Treasurer’s representatives will be on hand to connect residents with unclaimed assets through the I-Cash Program.
• Veterans’ agencies and organizations will be available to explain valuable health information is available for veterans.
• Pharmacists from Walgreens will provide pneumonia and shingles immunizations. Residents are encouraged to bring along their insurance cards to redeem this service.
• AARP will be there to inform participants on available resources to help seniors remain physically and intellectually active.
Cullerton urges seniors to contact his Villa Park office at (630) 903-6662 for more information on vendors and services available.